Parents of little ones know that they can’t leave the house without a fully-packed diaper bag and a stocked stroller. But being out and about with your baby plus baby diapers, baby wipes, toys, and snacks the load can get heavy quickly. This is why parents often turn to best lightweight strollers, because they don’t add much more to the load you’re lugging around, making them the compact stroller for travel or navigating public transit.
Our Lab experts at the Good Housekeeping Institute run tests on every baby product you could think of to find only the best for your baby, from baby toys to top-performing convertible cribs, and of course, strollers of all kinds. In order to find the best lightweight strollers, we review different types of best baby strollers while keeping factors like maneuverability, stability, ease of use, and storage space in mind. Based on Lab tests,
Our Top Picks For Lightweight Baby Strollers Are
- 1 Our Top Picks For Lightweight Baby Strollers Are
- 1.1 Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Single Stroller
- 1.2 Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Single Stroller Specs
- 1.3 GB Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller
- 1.4 GB Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller Specs
- 1.5 Bugaboo Ant Baby Stroller – Lightweight Stroller – Foldable Stroller
- 1.6 Bugaboo Ant Baby Stroller Specs
- 1.7 Babyzen YOYO2 Stroller
- 1.8 Babyzen YOYO2 Stroller Specs
- 1.9 Cybex Libelle Stroller
- 1.10 Cybex Libelle Stroller Specs
- 2 Frequently Ask Questions
Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Single Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Tour 2 is the ultimate stroller for travel, with an ultra-compact, one-hand fold, a weight of only 14 lb, and an included carry bag. But despite its lightness, the City Tour 2 doesn’t skimp on features. Baby rides comfortably in a padded seat with multiple recline positions, adjustable calf support, and a UV 50+ canopy. Pair with any Baby Jogger stroller and infant car seat (sold separately) for a smooth and serene ride from infancy.
Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Single Stroller Specs
- Newly redesigned, with infant car seat compatibility
- Ultra-compact one hand fold and auto lock
- Three ways to ride for infants and toddlers
- Lightweight rubber tires; locking front swivel wheels
- Adjustable calf support provides comfort for your growing child
GB Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller
With is exceptional design innovation the gb Pockit+ is one of the smallest folding strollers and ideal for traveling. In only two steps the lightweight stroller turns into a package small enough to place it in the overhead luggage compartments on planes and trains.
GB Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller Specs
- Collapsible & Compact Design: This travel stroller’s ultra-compact and collapsible design ensures it will fit in most overhead compartments on planes and trains.
- Lightweight Convenience: This must-have umbrella stroller weighs a mere 9 ½ pounds and makes one-handed pushing and steering a breeze.
- It folds down in 2 simple steps and can be carried effortlessly via the attached handle.
- Durable and Flexible Construction: Pockit+ is designed to roll with the punches. Its flexible construction keeps wiggly bodies safe and happy during their travels.
- UPF50+ Sun Canopy & Reclining Seat Back: Your little one can take a stroller snooze in total comfort thanks to the reclining seat back and the UPF50+ sun canopy.
- The seat reclines to a baby lounger, and the canopy keeps the sun’s rays at bay.
- Agile Front Swivel Wheels: The helpful front swivel wheels make navigating busy streets and turning corners seem like a walk in the park for this lightweight stroller.
- For increased stability on uneven terrain, simply switch the wheel lock.
Bugaboo Ant Baby Stroller – Lightweight Stroller – Foldable Stroller
The Bugaboo Ant is an ultra compact stroller packed with incredible features designed to provide versatility and ease for you and your family. Its lightweight frame makes it easy to drive while its height-adjustable comfort seat lets your child face you or the world in one simple switch. A true joy to ride and steer, and ready to go from your very first stroll.
Bugaboo Ant Baby Stroller Specs
- Infant to Toddler: The Bugaboo Ant travel stroller accommodates infants from birth (with cocoon insert) to toddlers up to 50 lbs
- Compact Traveller: At only 15.8 lbs., the Bugaboo Ant is our most lightweight baby stroller, and thanks to its compact folded size it can also be used as a carry-on for most airlines
- Spacious Storage: The handy and accessible rear basket and large under-seat basket are ideal for those grab-and-go moments
- Reversible & Reclinable: The innovative, reversible seat can be positioned facing you to enhance connection or facing the world to stimulate their senses.
Babyzen YOYO2 Stroller
The YOYO2 is one of the most lightweight and compact full-feature strollers available today. It’s a versatile all-in-one that takes your littles from birth through the toddler years, and it’s defining feature is that it folds down so small, it can be taken on board an airplane and stored in the overhead bin. It can be carried on the shoulder like a bag and steered with one hand—two features that are essential for parents on-the-go.
Babyzen YOYO2 Stroller Specs
- YOYO2 brings a confortable seat cushion, a multi-position reclining backrest for the nap, a secure 5 point harness and Anti-UV fabric (UPF 50+).
- The 4 wheel suspensions provide unrivaled shock absorption.
- FOR THE PARENTS, YOYO2 brings a canopy window for keeping a constant eye on your child, a zipped back pocket to store essentials close at hand.
- A storage basket up to 5 kg and easily accessible from the front or back. All fabrics are washable.
- YOYO2 is compact and lightweight: 52 x 44 x 18 cm (20.5 x 17.3 x 7.1 in) for 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs.).
- Weight allowance up to 48,5 lbs. Can even be carried on the plane in both 0+ and 6+.
Cybex Libelle Stroller
CYBEX Libelle is designed for everyday adventures. Its lean frame folds into a space-saving package that can fit in overhead compartments, under train seats or in the trunk of your car – making it the ideal second stroller. Weighing only 13.7 lbs., this stroller is portable enough to take practically anywhere. Add one of our award-winning car seats and you have the perfect lightweight combination that can take you from car to sidewalk with ease.
Cybex Libelle Stroller Specs
- Ultra-Lightweight Stroller: Weighing only 13.7 lbs, the CYBEX Libelle is portable enough to take practically anywhere.
- Its lean frame folds into a space-saving package that can fit in overhead compartments, under train seats or in car trunks.
- Compact Baby Stroller: A single-handed fold collapses the Libelle into an ultra-compact, self-standing package for easy storage anywhere.
- When folded, the CYBEX Libelle is even hand-luggage compliant on most airlines.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is the YOYO stroller worth it?
The Yoyo is a premium lightweight stroller, with a premium price. … If you’re only going to use it as an occasional pram or a second holiday buggy then this might be an investment too far. But, as a first buggy for a newborn and used with the car seat as a travel system, it offers excellent value.
What best Baby strollers do celebrities use?
Nuna Mixx is a celebrity favorite. Nuna is a popular Dutch baby gear company known for stylish, affordable, and ultra-compact strollers. Celebrities like Gwen Stefani, Kourtney Kardashian and Miranda Kerr have all been spotted pushing around either the demi, tavo, pepp next, or mixx series
Are expensive Baby strollers worth it?
I think an expensive stroller is definitely worth it, but only because good quality costs money. There are some silly-expensive brands out there that are worrisome in terms of ergonomics, for both the child and/or the parent; avoid those. And then some strollers are expensive simply because they’re made right.